Do you fear that someone may enter the wifi network of your Wavlink wifi extender? You've arrived at the right location if your response to the question was yes. We'll demonstrate how to protect your Wavlink wifi extender Setup in this article. Therefore, let's start the celebration.
Here are some methods for keeping your Wavlink wifi extender setup secure:
Change the Default Admin Data
For customers to rapidly get up and running, each Wavlink wifi extender comes with a pre-configured username and password. However, the default login credentials for the Wavlink wifi extender need to be changed after setup. It's important to restrict access to the Wavlink wifi extender for unauthorized individuals.
Let's now discuss how to change the default admin credentials for your Wavlink wireless extender:
- Connect a power supply to your Wavlink wifi extender setup.
- Using a cable or wireless connection, join the extender to the router.
- Get access to a computer or laptop after that.
- Open a web browser, such as Safari, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or another.
- Please remember that your web browser must be up to date regardless of which one you use to change the default login admin information for your Wavlink extender.
- Look in the address bar.
- Introducing ap.setup.
- Press the Enter key.
- The Wavlink Genie smart setup wizard will be displayed to you.
- Go to Settings and then click Password.
- Type the new name for the extender in the New User Name field.
- Now click the Password button.
- Put the password for your wifi extender in the New Password area.
- Enter the extender's password once more in the Verify Password area.
- Choose a security question and answer.
- To save your changes, use the save button.
Using this technique, you may encrypt your WiFi network by altering the Wavlink wifi extender Setup default login information.
Always use a secure WiFi password
Changing the default wifi password on your Wavlink wifi extender setup is another security measure. Create a secure wifi password for your extender, don't forget.
If you don't know how to do it, follow these steps to modify the WiFi password on your Wavlink wifi extender:
- Check to see whether your gadget has a super-fast internet connection.
- Go to the IP address 192.168.10.1 in a modern web browser.
- The default login information for your Wavlink wireless extender must be entered.
- Note: If you've changed the default username and password for your Wavlink extender to encrypt your WiFi network, you might want to use those instead of the old ones.
- Navigate to the Settings option once you are on the extender dashboard.
- Select wireless.
- Look for the WiFi Password option.
- Pick it when you locate it, then click the "Use a Different Password" option.
- Enter and validate the extender's new WiFi password.
- Scroll down and click the Save button to save changes.
This is how to change the default WiFi password on your Wavlink wifi extender. If you experience any issues while doing so, get in touch with our experts right away for immediate support.
Update the latest firmware | Wavlink Wifi Extender
The Wavlink wireless extender is run by software. The firmware is the name given to this program. To enhance the extender's functionality, Wavlink frequently releases new firmware updates. The extender's firmware has to be updated as a result. Additionally, adding security measures to your wifi equipment prevents possible risks by upgrading the extender firmware. As a consequence, it is the best strategy for safeguarding the wifi network of the Wavlink extender.
The following are the steps for updating a Wavlink wireless extender's firmware:
- Verify that enough power is being delivered to your Wavlink extender.
- The firmware file for your Wavlink extender should now be saved somewhere convenient on your PC.
- Then, use the extender's default web URL or IP address to access the Wavlink Genie setup procedure.
- Find the Firmware update option in the Settings menu.
- Once you've located it, click it, and then select Browse.
- Choose the firmware file you downloaded earlier by finding it and selecting it.
- After that, click the Upload button.
- Your extender's firmware will be upgraded in a few minutes.
- By changing the extender's firmware, you may encrypt your wifi network using this approach.
A duty that comes with having a super-fast internet connection is protecting a Wavlink wifi extender setup. Finally, we hope that following the guidelines above will help you protect your extender's wifi network. If you need further help with the security of your Wavlink wifi extender, get in touch with our experts.
Also, Read What are the steps to install Netgear EX2700 wifi range extender?