Converting the OST to PST file format is a difficult task for the users, and to begin the job, it is challenging for users to proceed with it. Users want a straightforward approach to convert OST to PST without damaging the data. The OST and PST file format are both essential for Microsoft Outlook. The OST file or Offline storage table save the data in an Offline mode from the Exchange server.
Whereas the PST or personal storage table saves the data online, it is the safest place to protect users' data. Therefore, if users want all their data to be kept safe and secure, then they must rely on a trustworthy approach so that users can quickly make the conversion.
What is the purpose of converting OST to PST?
The users must convert OST to PST, as various users want to keep their data safe. Thus, many users also look for the reason for the conversion to ensure whether the transformation is a good decision. We are citing a few reasons to proceed with the task, so check out the below-mentioned reasons.
- Users are usually worried about their data as sometimes users accidentally/ intentionally delete it from the Exchange server. To keep the data backup in a safe place, users are asked to convert OST to PST file format.
- Users can lose their data anytime if a user’s Exchange server crashes. Thus, to get rid of data loss, users must proceed with converting OST to PST file format.
- Users can save their PST files in any location once they have converted.
- The PST file is portable and can be viewed by the users anytime, anywhere, and through any device.
- Sometimes when users' Exchange server is under maintenance, they cannot access their data. Consequently, in that scenario, it is better for the users to quickly convert OST to PST so that the file can be accessible to the users.
How to export OST to PST
Now that users wish to make the conversion, they are looking for an easy way to convert OST to PST without damaging the data. There are two ways to convert the data to a PST file, and users are searching for different approaches. There are two ways to conduct the task the manual method and the professional third-party tool. The manual process and professional tool are both available for the users to select which way to go. We will discuss both methods in the following paragraph, so check it out.
Export OST to PST with a manual approach
The users can perform the task if they are technical experts; those who have been using Outlook for a long time prefer the manual method. It was the only way to complete the task earlier, so users opted for this method only. The procedure takes a lot of time to complete, so those with vast knowledge about this method can commence the task. Go through the below-mentioned steps for the Process.
OST to PST with Import/ Export method
- Firstly, open MS Outlook in your system.
- Now open the file menu and select the Import and Export option.
- After that, you are supposed to tap on the Export to File option and then hit the Next button.
- Later, click on the Outlook data file (PST) and the Next option.
- After that, users must choose the mailbox folder to export and click on include subfolders option.
- Now choose where to save the PST file and hit the Finish option.
Convert OST with the Archive method
- Open Outlook in your system.
- After that, tap the file option and then hit the Archive option.
- Later on, click on the desired file/ folder to archive.
- Post that look for the location to save the archive file.
- After the Process is completed, then hit the Finish option.
Convert OST to PST with Drag drop method
- Launch the Microsoft Outlook in your system.
- After that, create the PST file in your Outlook profile.
- Later on, you are supposed to drag the entire mailboxes folder that you want to move the newly created PST file.
Also, Read Best Way To Convert DBX to PST
Steps to convert OST to PST professionally
The professional method is the best way to convert the OST file to PST file format. Many users are willing to make the conversion and seek a better way to complete the task. With Shoviv OST to PST converter tool, the job is easy to conduct as it meets the mission without taking much time. Users with vast technical and non-technical knowledge can proceed with the task. Here we are citing a few steps to commence the job carefully.
- Download the Shoviv OST to PST converter tool in your system to proceed with the task.
- After that, click on the add OST file option from the ribbon bar.
- After that, choose the OTS file you want to convert to PST. If users wish to add the OST files, select the Add, Remove, Remove all, and Search options. Users can also check the advanced scan option for corrupted OST files.
- After that, users can also preview the chosen file under the folder list. Now tap on the particular folder so users can ensure before proceeding with the conversion.
- After that, hit the OST to PST option from the ribbon bar and choose the option "Save all files in Outlook PST" to convert OST to PST format.
- Now click on the check/ uncheck subfolders, and then hit the Next option.
- Users can then click the filter option based on the process message class and date range. After clicking the Next option once, you have applied the criteria.
- On the next window, enter the required details- export in the existing PST file, export, and create a new PST file. Check the PST file type ANSI, Unicode. Set the PST file size, and then the PST file will split.
- At last, after the Process is completed, the message will pop up on the screen, i.e. Process completed successfully, and then click on the Ok option. The complete report of the entire process will appear before you.
All users willing to convert OST to PST will be able to do it by following the above-cited content. We have also cited the professional third-party tool that will help the users throughout the Process. Users can review its features carefully and download its free demo version to explore the software thoroughly.
Also, Read Converting OST to PST: Effortless Email Data Migration and Recovery